Smok Nord 2 Review
August 27 2021
The Smok Nord 2The Smok Nord 2 has been around for a while now, so we thought it was a good time to look back at it and remind everyone, just why it is one of the best devices on the market. Smok has always been known for their great sub-ohm devices and now they’ve cracked the pod market creating some of the best around. The Smok Nord 2 has some good company in the Smok range with its colleagues including the RPM4 and the Novo X.
Using the device.The Smok Nord 2 is very easy to use and lightweight. Smok has been focusing on smaller more compact devices in general. You can see this with the Nord 2 as it only weighs in at 79 grams. Very light and easy to carry around on a day-to-day basis. It’s extremely easy to set up as most modern pods are and really lends itself to being an excellent everyday device. On top of this, it has a 1500mAh built-in battery. This means that the battery won't run flat easily, even when you’re at full power. The battery will last especially long with a higher resistance coil. It is slightly larger than its predecessor but is still small and sleek enough to fit in your hand comfortably. With rounded edges, it feels even nicer to hold for long periods of time. There is always an emphasis on improving previously launched devices in the vaping industry. Smok themselves say “The embedded advanced chipset enables Nord 2 exerting extra power for great flavor and superb performance, and it is enhanced roundly in both software and hardware to go beyond itself, such as battery capacity, power output and oil capacity.” Showing that they are keen to not be left behind. Performance is really the highlight of the Smok Nord 2, boasting a 40w capability which is far higher than a lot of its rivals. The Nord 2 can make use of this power as it is compatible with the RPM coils and as such can be used at much higher powers. This leads to great cloud and huge flavour production from the device. It is also very versatile as it can be used with higher resistance coils making it a perfect mouth-to-lung tank as well.
- 1 x Nord 2 Device
- 1 x 2ml Nord Pod (0.8ohm coil pre-installed)
- 1 x 2ml RPM Pod (0.4ohm mesh coil pre-installed)
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
- Zinc Alloy Body
- 1500mAh Battery Capacity
- Adjustable Wattage Range: 5W – 40W
- 0.69″ OLED Display
- 2ml Pod Capacity
- Nord / RPM Coil Family
- Puff Counter
SMOK Nord 2 – how to use/button functionality
- The button combinations on the SMOK Nord 2 are as follows:
- Powering on & off: Tap the fire button 5 times.
- Changing wattage: Tap the fire button 3 times, then hold down to cycle through settings and release to confirm.
SMOK Nord 2 pods/coils
- The two pods included with the Nord 2 grant you access to the full vape spectrum.
- The SMOK Nord 2 comes with two pods, a clear plastic one that fits the RPM DTL coil series and a darker shaded pod that fits the standard MTL Nord coils.
- Both pods are extremely simple to refill; just locate the flexible hatch on the side of the pod and pull it open to permit access for an e-liquid bottle nozzle.
- Changing coils is even easier; just pull the old coil out and dispose of it then push a new one into place, lining up the white part of the coil’s base to touch the side of the pod.