T-Tips: How to clean a vape tank
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, cleaning your vape tank is essential. A sticky, dirty vape tank can stop you from fully tasting that exciting new flavour and even do harm to your device. If you get in the habit of regular cleaning, we promise your vaping experience will reach new heights! Don’t know where to start? Here’s our step-by-step guide:
- Preparation is key. Get a bowl of warm water ready and make sure you have a non-fibrous cloth (for example, microfibre) to hand.
- Remember, even if you’re a vaping veteren, safety is important! Carefully unscrew the tank from the coil and battery - the more you disassemble the deeper you can clean. Then dispose of any leftover e-liquid in the sink or bin.
- Get started on washing any residual e-liquid from the tank by putting it under a warm water tap. Then place in your bowl of warm water and leave for several minutes.
Top Tip: Be sure to leave parts of your device to soak in warm water - scalding hot water can lead to damage!
- Remove your device and make sure all the e-liquid has washed away. If you’re having a tough time removing some stubborn bits of residue, using an alcohol-soaked cloth can help when rubbing them away.
- After cleaning, dry the tank by rolling up your cloth and gently pushing, pulling and twisting your way through the empty device.
- After drying out your tank manually, it’s best to leave parts out to dry on a towel for ten minutes - better safe than sorry!
- The next stage is reassembly. Attach your tank to the coil and battery when dry and Make sure everything is back in the right place.
- Refill with your favourite e-liquid, leave to prime, then sit back, relax and enjoy that new flavour.
Regular cleaning of your vape tank leads to a longer lifespan for your device, richer flavours and better vapour clouds. With this in mind, create a regular cleaning schedule and follow our guide to get the most out of your vaping device.
The aim of our T-Tips blogs is to fully answer any vaping problems or issues you may have. T-Juice isn’t just an e-liquid company, we’re also a group of passionate vapers who are always looking for new ways to help people with their vaping problems. If you’re in need of any advice, have a look at our T-Tips series for more information.